Why is it important to study?
We all hear that it is important to study, but why? There are many reasons, actually… and all of them are intertwined:
- It is important because he who studies acquires knowledge, learns.
- It is important because knowledge is the only thing in life that will allow you to both make good decisions and fully develop your abilities.
- It is important because what you know will help you both prevent danger and protect yourself in case of danger.
- It is important because those who study keep their brains healthy, and their bodies healthy too.
- It is important because knowing things, and the underlying reasons for why they are or happen, allows you question them, bringing progress to all mankind.
But my favourite reason is this:
- It is important because knowledge protects you from bad people.
You see, the consequence of not studying is ignorance, and ignorant people are easy preys for…
- scams (including overpriced costs)
- personal and social manipulation
…and a huge etcetera! So, please, for your own sake and of those around you, never stop learning. Be curious! You deserve to be the best version of yourself.